Colorful, tasteful and flavorful soup made of pumpkin, carrots, onions and turmeric . If you you choose coconut oil instead of olive oil , you will add some velvet punch inside of your soup .
- 1 small sugar pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 1 turnip or a Half, depending on the size of the vegetable
- 2 tsp vegetable oil, coconut or olive oil if you prefer
- Some roasted pumpkin seeds
- Fresh turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 205 degrees C (400 degrees F)
- Cut the pumpkin into half and remove the seeds.
- Peel and finely minced the carrots, the onions, the garlic and the turnip . Add some salt, the 2sp of vegetable oil , Roast them until soft to touch.
- Take a baking dish and place the pumpkin with flesh side down and roast until it is soft to touch (45 minutes).
- When done remove and let it cool, then put the pumpkin and all the vegetables and the turmeric in a blender and puree it.
- Over cool heat simmer the soup in the blender or a sauce pan.
- Put in the pumpkin seeds or not
- enjoy your soup