Lafidi is a Guinean , Mali (Manding) native one pot spiced rice recipe. It’s not vegan but could be adapted (testing stage)…
There are lots of adaptations of the recipe. Today we will stick to the traditional one.
This recipe is a quick and easy one, to make and we will just focus on cooking the rice in a traditional way
- 200g smoked fish filets
- 25g dried shrimps
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 fresh okra
- 5-7g Soumbara
- 1 scotch bonnet (if desired)
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 2 sp of palm oil (I use coconut or Gee instead ! For the environment)
- 2 cups of basmati rice (complete or white, or yellow
- 3 and 1/2cups of water
- 2 diakatou (small aubergines)
- Wash the rice to take out the amidon
- Boil 3 cups of water
- At low heat, pour the rice, the fresh okras, the aubergine the scotch bonnet, the salt and the pepper.
- Mix together the spices powder made from : sumbara powder, the shrimps powderand the smoked filet fish .
- When the rice and the vegetables are well cooked, make a hole in the center of the plate pour the spices inside of the hole
- Take out the cooked okras and the aubergines and mix each separately with delicacy .
- Cover the rice, always at low heat for 10 mn
- Mix together all the ingredients with delicacy
Don’t forget to put love inside of your cooking ❣