A cake for gourmets: The magic appears when we melt the basic ingredients (eggs, sugar, flour, butter and milk ) to obtain through a single preparation a cake that reveals …
3 different layers , textures : a custard base, a layer of cream in the middle, a sponge cake on top . The variations are endless from sweet to salted for a spectacular result
- 20 Strawberries and 5 for the decoration
- 125 g of melted butter + 20 g for the mold
- 4 eggs
- 150 g of butter + 20 g for the
- 160 g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 120 g flour
- 50 cl whole milk
- Generously butter the cake pan.
- Harmoniously arrange 20 slices of strawberries each divided into two parts, at the bottom of the pan
- Preheat the oven in traditional heat to 150 ° C (th. 5).
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the yolks with the sugar until the mixture foams and turns white.
- Add the melted butter, salt, flour and milk.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff,
then mix them gently into the dough using a whisk, without “breaking” them.
As the dough is very liquid, a large part of the egg whites will rise: be careful not to integrate them completely into the preparation, there should be small lumps on the surface.
- Smooth and even the surface with the blade of a large knife and bake for almost 50 minutes.
- When you remove the cake from the oven, it should still be shaky in the center.
It should sit in the fridge for 2 hours. It is then time to unmold it could be decorated with the 5 strawberries rings left